We are committed to sustainable travel initiatives and are constantly seeking new ways to minimize our carbon footprint.
What is an Eco Lodge?
The Alpine House has made a commitment to raise the bar in sustainability initiatives by undergoing the rigorous and comprehensive Eco-Certification process by Sustainable Travel International. We are only one of two lodging properties in Wyoming to earn this prestigious award. Recognized as the “Gold Standard” in sustainable travel certification, this program follows the philosophy of the “Triple Bottom Line: People, Planet, Profit,” measuring success not only by profitability, but also by how our actions impact our community and our environment. Some of our green initiatives:
- Comprehensive recycling program
- Compost our kitchen waste
- All natural cleaning products
- 100% of electrical use offset by wind power
- Reusable pump bottles for bath amenities
- All-natural bath amenities
- A partner in the EPS’s Green Power Partnership and WasteWise Program
- Encourage municipal bus ridership by our guests and employees
- Purchase local and organic food whenever possible
- Provide bikes for guest use
For a comprehensive list of the criteria needed to qualify for certification, please visit sustainabletravel.org.