We are committed to sustainable travel initiatives and are constantly seeking new ways to minimize our carbon footprint.
What is an Eco Lodge?
The Alpine House has made a commitment to raise the bar in sustainability initiatives by undergoing the rigorous and comprehensive Eco-Certification process by Sustainable Travel International. We are only one of two lodging properties in Wyoming to earn this prestigious award and we were Jackson Hole’s first Eco-Certified lodge. Recognized as the “Gold Standard” in sustainable travel certification, this program follows the philosophy of the “Triple Bottom Line: People, Planet, Profit,” measuring success not only by profitability, but also by how our actions impact our community and our environment. Some of our green initiatives:
- Comprehensive recycling program
- Compost our kitchen waste
- All natural cleaning products
- 100% of electrical use offset by wind power
- Reusable pump bottles for bath amenities
- All-natural bath amenities
- A partner in the EPS’s Green Power Partnership and WasteWise Program
- Encourage municipal bus ridership by our guests and employees
- Purchase local and organic food whenever possible
- Provide bikes for guest use
For a comprehensive list of the criteria needed to qualify for certification, please visit sustainabletravel.org.